This CACHE endorsed short course will explore the effect of the syndrome on the individual who has it. It introduces you to the areas that a person with Asperger syndrome might struggle with, and provides resources to help understand how they interact with, and interpret, the world around them. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the syndrome.
- You will learn about the triad of impairments that cover the three main areas an individual with the syndrome may struggle with
- You will understand how Asperger syndrome affects individuals from all nationalities, religions, cultures, and social backgrounds
- You will understand the importance of being aware of the different ways that an individual will interact with and interpret the world around them
Advantages of this course
- As the syndrome is a hidden disability, and is often slow to be diagnosed, knowing how it impacts on an individual is invaluable knowledge
- There is no specific treatment or cure but this doesn’t mean that you can’t help someone with Asperger’s. There are therapies, approaches, and interventions that can improve quality of life and this course will outline some of them.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on our learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge