This CACHE endorsed short course explores CPD – for yourself and for your team members. Consider preferred learning styles, learning opportunities, and how to plan and evaluate learning. Learn how to help others set up a CPD file and lead others to develop professionally. You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course, but should be working in a childcare setting.
- You will learn that good practitioners will always be looking for ways to improve and develop their practice
- You will learn how to reflect on your professional development needs
- You will learn that practitioners who value personal development will have more opportunities for training and development
Advantages of this course
- The learning experience, and ability to learn, does not end when you leave full-time education. It is a continuous process and can greatly benefit your personal and professional life.
- This course will explain the importance of finding time to self-evaluate learning and development needs, the ways in which you can reflect on this, and how to identify opportunities at work.
- All practitioners should have a plan for their development and feel motivated to achieve it. A supportive working environment, manager / supervisor, and colleagues will positively contribute to this process. In the presentation section of this course, the concept of planning for learning and development (specifically a personal development plan) is explained in detail.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge