This short course introduces you to the key aspects of working life as a nanny. Explore the role and responsibilities of a nanny (including care routines, managing behaviour, and play), how to work in partnership with parents and carers, the health and safety considerations involved when working in the family home, and how to safeguard the children in your care.
This course is split into three sections:
1. Roles and responsibilities of a nanny
2. Partnership with parents
3. The professional nanny
- You will learn about the role of a professional nanny
- You will learn how nannies can be essential for modern working families
- You will learn about the challenges of maintaining professional boundaries when working in a relaxed environment when they are treated as one of the family
Advantages of this course
- The course looks at what is involved in looking after a child and includes child development, supporting positive behaviour, and personal care routines. It looks at the importance of play to children and gives an overview of relevant childcare legislation in the UK – including the Early Years Foundation Stage
- A second section of the course deals with the relationships between the parents and the child, and the parents and the nanny. Helpful information is given about setting expectations and asking questions before commencing work within a family. It looks at the importance of both communication and confidentiality.
- A further section contains information on the essentials required by a professional nanny, including the considerations of first aid training, registrations, and record keeping.
- Employment rights, tax, and DBS checks are also discussed
- The course can also help with some interview tips and suggestions on presenting a professional image