This short course, aimed at those currently in work or planning to join the workforce, looks at personal and professional development. Learn about the process of continual improvement, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), and personal development plans. Understand how to handle feedback and the importance of reflection and self-evaluation.
- The learner will discover what personal and professional development entails
- Find out more about how reflection helps us to develop in all areas of our life
- Learn about personal development plans and how to create and evaluate them
Advantages of this course
- It is easy to think that book learning will lead to development, but this course looks at the importance of reflecting on the skills and knowledge you currently have, planning what you need to do in order to develop, and then applying what you learn in your work and in your personal life.
- This course will ask you to reflect on the development you need, and create a personal development plan.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explore the difference between learning and development
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge