This short course considers how to promote positive behaviour, manage behaviour that challenges, and create an educational environment where everyone feels safe and happy. Understand the importance of policies, procedures, and strategies for managing behaviour. Know how to be consistent and role model the standards you expect of the children, young people, or adult learners at your setting.
- You will understand policies and procedures for promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour in a learning environment
- You will know why some children and adults act inappropriately at school or college
- You will be able to promote positive behaviour
- You will be able to manage behaviour that challenges
Advantages of this course
- This course will introduce you to a number of strategies and you will be able to evaluate whether they are relevant to the ages and stages of development of the children you work with
- There are often circumstances beyond the control of the child or young person that is causing them to behave in a certain way. This course will explore mental health and behaviour, as well as challenging behaviour and learning disabilities.
- You will be asked to consider ‘how strict is too strict?’ and the effectiveness of policies, procedures, and strategies
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge