This short course, aimed at people who support remote teams, considers the benefits and challenges posed by staff working virtually or remotely. Learn about effective communication and the role technology can play in this, and the importance of understanding cultural differences and working practices of different countries. Know how to set and manage health, safety, and welfare policies and procedures for remote staff.
- The learner will gain an understanding of the benefits and challenges of remote and virtual working
- The learner will know how to support staff and look out for their health, safety, and welfare regardless of where they work
- The learner will be able to find ways to communicate effectively with remote teams
Advantages of this course
- Nowadays, we are more likely to be working with, and supporting, colleagues who work in different buildings, cities, and even countries. We may also be supporting team members who travel for business or work from home. As such, you will need to know how to utilise technology and communicate with those for whom English is not their first language and/or live and work in a different culture. This short course will help you to make these team members feel valued and included.
- Health, safety, and welfare requirements apply to all employees no what where they work and this course will help you understand these rights and requirements. This includes lone workers and staff travelling for business.
- Websites and video resources are utilised to explore the supporting remote teams further
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge