This short course, aimed at team leaders, will consider the role, responsibility, and skills required of an effective team leader. Gain an understanding of team development and consider how your values and beliefs could affect your actions. Finally, you will gain an insight into how to quality assure the performance of a team.
- The learner will understand the benefits of an effective team
- The learner will understand the need for clarity on job roles, deadlines, and targets within a team
- The learner will learn that it is important to understand the tasks they assign in order to quality assure the performance of the team and the tasks completed
- The learner will learn about that good communication is vital
Advantages of this course
- The purpose of working in a team is to utilise the strengths of individuals and become more efficient and effective. It will also produce a more flexible workforce as there are several people whose skills and ideas can be called upon when needed. Ideas and solutions can be shared and discussed, and trust is built up amongst the team.
- This course looks at the qualities, skills, and knowledge that are important to a team leader. It covers the need for good communication and mutual respect, the need to understand the people you have working for you, and the tasks you are giving them.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages the learner to reflect on the learning