This short course is aimed at a health and social care professional who offers support and care for people with dementia. It would also be of benefit to any person trying to gain a better understanding of the dementia journey. This course will help you learn how to recognise and understand what dementia means, to see the person and not the illness, and to find ways to help people live well.
- The learner will gain an understanding of the symptoms and effects of dementia
- The learner will know how to provide caring, thoughtful, and considerate support to people at every stage of the dementia journey
- The learner will be able to advise and support the families and friends of someone with this relatively common disorder
Advantages of this course
- In the UK, about 1 in 79 of the population will be affected by dementia so it is likely you will be supporting someone with dementia in your role as a health and social care professional and as such, will need to know how to provide the best possible care and help people live well. You may also need to know how to support a friend or relative with the disorder and the advice and information contained in this course will help you to do so.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explore the dementia journey in more detail
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge