This CACHE endorsed short course explores leadership and management in an early years setting. Consider leadership styles, roles and responsibilities of managers, the importance of communication, and dealing with conflict in a way that leads to successful resolution. You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course, but should be working in a childcare setting.
- You will learn about the roles and responsibilities of those in leadership and management roles
- You will learn what a leader does and give consideration to what type of leader you are or might want to become
- You will learn about different leadership styles and the importance of adopting different styles for different situations
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at the challenges facing those in a leadership position and offers an introduction to the different leadership styles. It also includes leadership skills, such as the importance of communicating when leading a team.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge